A Company of Poets:
The Jim Gittings Poetry Competition
sponsored by the
Greenville Technical College Writing Center
Objective of the Contest: To provide an incentive to aspiring student-poets.
- Contestants must be registered students of Greenville Technical College.
- One poem per contestant.
- Only original, unpublished work will be accepted.
- Entries must be written in the English language.
- Since GTC is a state-supported institution, no questionable subject matter should be included in your poem.
- E-mail submissions as a Microsoft WORD attachment to email@example.com. In the body of the e-mail, please provide a brief introduction to you and your work, including the following: your name, e-mail, phone number, and address, as well as the title of your submission. (Please do not copy and paste submissions into the body of the e-mail.)
- The deadline for entries will be announced as soon as it becomes available.
A Board of Judges will evaluate the entries. The first-prize winner will receive $50.00; second place will earn $25.00. In addition, the top five poems will be published in the Blue Granite Review, the online literary and visual arts journal of Greenville Technical College.